Friday, May 06, 2011

CROSS-fit #7 Heart matters

This is a simple truth, probably going to surprise some of you fellas out there.
Big secret all of you really need to know...
It's true, NOT EVERYONE SUCCEEDS IN EVERYTHING THEY DO.
Surprised? Well, that's really how some view life.
In work, in school, in crossfit. They must be the best, they must succeed.
However, does it really matter... Does it really matter if you're the best, the top dog...
Or is it more important to look around and notice how many people are still with you.

Little Wonders.

Life is hard, don't make it harder by forcing yourself to be better than the rest.
Sometimes in the WOD, you're never anywhere near the fastest nor the strongest.
Putting on an added weight, taking up a challenge and fighting for it.

"Lionel, put on the 5kg vest, yes put it on if not don't do the workout." Coach said.
The WOD was tough enough for me, so tough I already had doubts of its completion.
However, donning it made it even worst, I literally couldn't breathe half the time.
It was tight restrictive and I really didn't know if I would be able to finish with it.
Sounds like life doesn't it? Like how we're all tied down, tired out by all the extra weight.
True enough, I didn't finish the workout, I didn't meet the time limit.

2 reactions were natural and almost immediate.
"I didn't finish it, I failed and man, I doubt I'll try again. Cause I'm gonna keep failing."
"I didn't finish it, I failed and man, I'm so going to try again."


It's the attitude in the
trial that counts. - Pst Kong.

What matters is the heart, what matters is that I gave my all, I gave my best.
Heart Matters.
Cause it's life, we don't succeed in everything we do.
We don't come forth as gold every single time, we simply don't.
But what matters is that we give it out best, every single time.

No, I'm not celebrating mediocrity of sorts.
Even if you're the best, what matters is still the attitude.
Cause someday, someone out there is gonna be better than you.
Yeah, there're about 4 billion people in the World. That's alot of competition if you ask me...
Success and happiness ain't determined by your ranks, wealth cause you'll never get there.
Instead, look around, be happy with what you have, with the effort you gave.
So throw that ego away...
You don't need it,
get humble,
get broken.

Admit your weaknesses,
failures and pick that weight up!
Cause everytime you do, you're becoming a better person.

*Josh Everett. (Man in photo)
Competed in the Crossfit Games and was gunning for the second place.

Before that, he was already physically spent in the initial rounds. He had ran so hard, towards the end, his body gave up on him. His muscles were so fatigued they will not function. He was devastated. But still, he competed, he fought on.

Somehow he made it to the last event, where it was the deadlift (Picture below) to champ another. In his last attempt, he was to lift a weight which was a good 30-40 pounds higher than his Personal Best. Everyone had thought that no way in hell could he lift it.
He walked up, stomped his feet, roared, grabbed the bar, shook it like is was feather weight.
Took a deep breathe and lifted! for that first 5 seconds, it didn't move off the ground.
Everyone was cheering, even his competitors were.

But no, it didn't move one bit... He walked off, but was met with a standing ovation.
In his own words, "It was the effort which counted. To give my best and to have people honor that, that's what matters."


No comments: