Monday, May 02, 2011

CROSS-fit #5 The strangest setting

Adversity introduces a man to himself - Pst Kong
They say that when you're in the brink of death, you see your life fly by you.
When you're moments away from kicking the bucket, you somehow see angels all around.
Maybe that's why they say, meet your maker...

Perhaps it isn't too far away a setting, that at crucial moments, you meet yourself, you meet GOD, in the unlikeliest of circumstances.
I clearly remember the Friday night, a couple of weeks back.
Didn't do any WOD the past few days and thus decided to hit 'Angie'.
Guess it wasn't too smart of me to do that without anyone around me at 2 am at night...

By the time it ended, I was really wasted/smashed.
I didn't have the strength to stand up, didn't have the strength to lift my hands.
I swear I thought I was going to die. (puking was an option I had already
taken)
I was laying flat on the floor with my eyes towards the night sky.
Strangely, really strangely. It was there and then, I am so positively sure I met God.
(No I wasn't hallucinating)
As you would probably have guessed, I wasn't having too much of a fantastic day.
And it was assuring to hear him say,
Look at the stars, every single one of them, a promise for you.
You are more than this.


We all face times of pure distress, we all face times of real ridicule and 'near-death' situations.
But it's in these times, we are closest to him.
Everytime I hit the WOD, we all push our limits, sometimes beyond what we can possibly do.
Sometimes even beyond that threshold. Then we come to a point where there's nothing more...
Where all that we have left is not our might, but his...

In the strangest of settings, comes the deepest of truths.
We all go through such situations, where we come to an end of ourselves in life.
Don't let it slip away...
But keep calling out for strength.
Cause the outcome is simply magical...

No comments: