Tuesday, November 24, 2009

HUCK

Listening to : Available - Flo Rida

Yeah, in case you have not noticed. I'm rather addicted to this sport of Ultimate Frisbee.
Well, I've been finding a reason to why I like this sport so much.
For me personally, I pick something up and enjoy it when honestly, I'm reasonably good at it.
Other than the fact that I'm more athletic than the average teen.
I don't think that I'm up to spec with everyone else.
Yeah, so I really ain't great at this sport.
But I guess its something different. I do hope to win. Who doesn't.
But the strange thing is, when someone really falls in love with a sport, what do you do?
I do meditate on the right things, just that I like this game.

Many entries ago, I actually blogged about how basketball really felt.
How the motion feels and how you react to actions in the game.
When it comes to frisbee its a totally different ball game.
I realized that its really a combination of almost all the sports that I like.
It needs the athleticism of Track, the Judgements of Basketball and the discipline of Rugby.
Everytime there is a play or a turn over.
There's so much system and motion in the field to specified positions.
When the pull is made, you go to a position, not knowing that place will render you useless.
It's a team sport, so moving the disc up the field takes patience and help. This ain't going to be easy with someone counting to 10 in your face.

The surprising thing is what people call the "spirit of the game".
Unlike other sports, it's self officiated even till high competitions.
When someone commits a foul, the opponent calls it and you either accept or dispute.
Either way, there's no real refree. We play fair and square.
So basically, its a very friendly sport.
In a matter of days, I've made some new friends, or rather acquaintances.

I do think that I'm rather far from success in this sport.
I do want to practice more and train up for it.
It's honestly a thrilling sport. When the disc goes up in the air, you run for it.
If it goes into the end zone, you either take a daring plunge for the disc or wuss out.
Top athletes play this game, its extremely exhausting running up and down a football field without stopping. Unlike normal defence, you REALLY take the mark into your own hands.
Would I stop in the near future? I highly doubt so. WOOOO

No comments: