Tuesday, November 03, 2009

according?

Listening to : Morning after dark - Timbaland

I've somehow come to the habit of listening to the song "she's got you high" everytime I turn on the computer. I think its a happy go lucky song.
It's the kind of song you would want to start your day with.
So the trainings that I've been going through weren't the most fantastic.
In fact, they were rather torturous. I would honestly be pleading for mercy soon.
But this is the route I have to take if I want to get back in shape.
In the Fighting shape!
It ain't like the easiest thing to do. But I guess takes a tad bit more of determination.
The days have been passing by rather slowly. In fact, life seems stale.
No I'm not trying to say that I'm getting spiritually stagnant.
But there's simply nothing to do!
Get a job? Perhaps, but what I'm looking at starts only in January next year. I'm not exactly willing to commit as of now.
I still want a good long holiday.

Well, that brings me to another point.
How much rest is enough rest? Alot of people determine rest as sleep...
Some consider rest as playing and having fun outside.
There's alot of different variations.
At the same time, why do we even need rest?
I will not even begin to break down the many possibilities of us having different forms of rest. For many, sleep is all sufficient. However, the stress they get from work is really too much to bear.
They are stressed to the point of dying, the sad thing about them is that they're unable to work more to relieve it.
They have to succumb to the time work standards set by the firm.
So their rest is considered to be a holiday or a good day off with the family.
There's just so many possibilities and different forms of rest.

But why do we need rest?
When God gave his commandments, one of it was to keep the Sabbath.
To honor the day of REST.
Yeah, we're not machines, we need a break once in a while. In fact, we need rest on a regular basis in order for us to improve ourselves.
First analogy, in running, if an individual takes little time to rest and keeps pushing himself with 2 trainings a day.
I'm very sure the outcome of his workouts would be more detrimental than helpful to his fitness and speed.
In built in humans, we have this capacity for work and stress.
When it comes to the point where we bust that limit, we call this the 'burn out'. When you really just don't find the motivation anymore.
Yes we can all say that the motivation is God and all.
I admit thats good and important and all.
However, even the biggest and strongest workers have their rest days.
Look at Pastor Kong, even he takes time off to see his family.
Everytime he says he goes to LA, it kind of makes me happy to know that he's getting his share of rejuvenation.
I've seen too many people burn out especially in the tough times.

In days like these when the economy is not doing well and results are all that matters, people are forced to work over and beyond their capacity.
Yes, its a dog eat dog world, but we shouldn't be too competitive such that we miss out on the things which really matter in life.
Our lives itself.
I urge and encourage all those having exams, going through tough times, to take a break once in a while.
Honestly, have a kit-kat.
A levels, O levels, Recession.
Its all the same, cause the benefits are this rest are much greater than that if you didn't do so in the beginning.

Don't get me wrong, I don't advocate laziness (though I may be)
Everything should be kept in balance.
Work should definitely outweigh your rest.
A good proportion? 1-7.
As said in the bible.
I've did it before, I've succeeded before.
Yes, thats the end of this entry. This is really meant for those working away in their books preparing for the big A's. All the best!!!!!!!

No comments: