Monday, November 30, 2009

Maybe

Listening to : The Scientist - Avril Lavigne

It resides in the brain but also the heart.
It arrives early but leaves very, very late.
It knows everything that rotates around it.
It's what keeps you going stride after stride, game after game.
It believes it can become anything that it wants to be.
Except satisfied.
Look out into the fields, you can see it.
You can't touch it, but you can definitely feel it.
It makes broken bones, sprained ankles, forgivable.
It never ever takes a night off
Desire.

Something that one needs to have in everything that you do.
In order to do it well.
You have to want it bad enough, to give your relentless effort for it.
You need to make that chase, to spend hours after hours reading about it, challenging yourself to accomplish it.
It seems never ending, the work is terrible. But don't give yourself excuses.
Take the plough, work the hours, give the time.
Spend 10000 hours to become an expert at it.
It definitely comes with pain, with struggle. But that's the joy in it.
To become legendary, to be in the hearts of the people, is to live forever.
My dreams have not changed since. It will not change for the next few years.

It's not about how well you can do it.
It's not about the gear, it's not about the talent.
It's about knowing where you're going, not forgetting where you started.
It's about having the courage to fail, not breaking when you're broken.
Taking everything you've been given and making it better.
It's about work before glory.
It's what inside of you, doing what they say you can't.
It's not about your gifts, it's what you do with them.
It's about being who you were born to be.

To repeat over and over again.
To be stubborn with failure, to toss and wrestle with the thought of giving up.
But don't back down. Take the patience for it will come sooner or later.
But don't wait for nothing.
Success isn't dropped, it isn't calculated.
It's earned.

Maybe it's my fault, maybe I led you to believe that it was easy when it wasn't.
Maybe I made you think that my highlight started in the auditoriums and not in the tracks.
Maybe I made you think that every trial that I encountered, was a winner
That my game was built on flash and not fire.
Maybe it's my fault the failure gave me strength.
That Pain, was my motivation.
Maybe I led you to believe that standing on the game day was a god given gift and not something I worked for, every single day.
Maybe I destroyed the mentality.
But maybe, you just making excuses.
Just maybe.

No comments: