Monday, November 09, 2009

ORD LOH

Listening to : Talk you down - The Script

When they say that the feeling of ORD is honestly overrated.
They're lying.
ITS EUPHORIC!!!!!
So it seems that my NSF life is finally over. I'm now an NS men.
Yeah, I'm rather glad that its all over and all.
I guess the only right thing to do now is to start reminiscing about the past 2 years in my life.
From bad, to good, to even better.
Yeah, I guess thats more or less my life. I have to admit, some good friends were really forged in those 2 years.
Some of them have already lost contact with. Some will always be dear to me.

I have to admit that the place which really caught my heart is really FSS.
PLAB FSS is by far the best place to be.
You can whine and complain and everything like that, but at the end of the day, it really is the place to be. I can spend my whole day there without really complaining.
Yeah, I do sleep and make my common mistakes at times.
I do get scolded at times as well. However, at the end of the day, its really a nice place.
I guess its cause of the people there. The family that I've had while I was there.
very closely knitted together.
It makes me feel comfortable and all like that.
The moment I entered, they made me feel at home though I was a trainee.

Another thing which always makes my day is how real my job is.
I am literally ensuring that Singapore is kept safe from potential attacks.
It makes NS all the more important to me.
When I really do talk an aircraft down, it gives me a sense of accomplishment.

There were tough times in my army life as well, of which were the Tango days.
Yeah, can't really use that as a comparison but it can be tough at times.
However, its very strange, its in these horrendous times where I find my closest friends.
Wei Ming was a great guy. Though we pretty much lost contact, I still have lots to talk to him about if I ever bump into him.

So which was the most fun time of my NS life? Well....
I have to admit, the grass is always greener.
When I was in unit, training felt the best. And vice versa.
However, looking back, all of it were memorable.

I can thank God that I've made it through NS, not just as an officer but a lover to shiming still.
Yeah, we survived NS. Made it through the 2 years.
Wasn't the toughest time but still. She was always there for me.
Through the stressful training days till the sheer joy of commissioning. She was always the centre of it all, making it feel great.

I hope to see all those friends I've made through my NSF life.
That's one thing which I'll never regret going through.
For all whom are still in it, keep pressing on! If not...
ORD LOH!!!!!!!

No comments: