Friday, December 04, 2009

Time for miracles

Listening to : Uprising - The Veronicas

So the past few days I've been making up for lost time.
I'm really glad that I'm able to do so.
Some may say that this is selfish, like we have our whole lives together and have others to care about. But honestly, we're both just like that. I can't help it.
There's even a phrase for it, called HBB.
Yeah, that's totally not a new phrase. We are often called that.
But who cares, seriously, that's life.
We can argue all we can. But I won't change a single thing. Cause we need it.

Besides the point. Caught 2 movies the past 2 days.
Awesome feeling.
2012 and New Moon.
Sadly, the latter was utterly disappointing.
Sorry to all Twilight fans, it was really disappointing.
This is honestly a show for emo people. Cause it was real draggy and rather sorrowful.
In fact, very sad a show.
Yeah, there were the exciting parts. But no real 'meat' in the story. All too predictable.
Well, when I got home, I'm glad I realized that I wasn't the only one feeling that way.
Even CNA reporters gave a negative critic about it.
Calling it a 'long bad, break up'
Well, here's what they said.
"After watching "New Moon", the second instalment of the wildly popular "Twilight" series, I felt immense sorrow. Not because the story was particularly sad, but because the two hours spent watching the film was two hours of my life I can never get back. The tepid film crawled along at a snail's pace, finally ending after a boring 130 minutes."
Basically If you have yet to watch it, reconsider. 2012 is better.

Yeah, in fact, 2012 was so much more meaningful.
It makes people leave the cinema thinking about life.
About who we have around us. What we have left to treasure.
Admist all the high packed action and sad disasters.
Countries turning into disasters and in fact, literally seeing the world end.
It was quite a shocking movie from the start.
But it really left a mark in my mind.
What if the world was really ending tomorrow but we all just didn't care.
That we all continued to live our lives ignorant of this danger.
Then again.
We should treat everyday as if it's our last.
So what would you be doing if you were going to die like tomorrow?
What will you honestly do?
Strangely, I came across this great saying.

"Even if the World is ending tomorrow, I'll still plant my Apple tree."

I've had that quote staring at me since I was in secondary school.
However, I never really understood what it meant till now.
It kind of gives me two interpretations.
1) I believe in life strong enough such that it can overcome death itself. I won't give in to simple myths and continue living my life as it is.
2) Even if the World is really really going to end and I'll die. I won't change my lifestyle, I won't alter a single moment of my life. I love what I'm doing, planting my Apple tree is not just work to me, its sheer joy. To be able to create life for a split second for it to enjoy.

Though the former does seem hopeful, I'd rather like to think of it as the latter.
This was when Shiming really asked me, what will I do if I'm goign to die tomorrow.
Specifically, what will I do?
Will I travel the World?
Will I take time out to bask in all my earnings and savings?
Honestly, I'll do neither, I'll just continue doing what I do everyday?
No, not because I have no ambitions, no dreams.
Just that whatever I'm doing now is what I love.
It gives me so much joy, what I study, what I work for, already brings me joy, I can die right here, right now, happy.
I'll wake up, call my girlfriend, see if she's awake.
Meet some friends for a god session of frisbee, run or gym.
Go hang out with my friends.
Have a great dinner with my girlfriend.
Look through the marvels of physics towards the end of the day.
That will be my last day.
This is my Apple tree, and I will still continue to plant it even if the World is ending tomorrow.

However, honestly, 2012 is a myth.
It very likely that it will not happen.
But then again, you'll never know.

No comments: