Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Soundtrack of my summer

Listening to : Crush - Frankie J

Finally a little time to do nothing.
I need such times, hate it when I'm up to my neck with activities.
Feels as though it is work all over again.
Just that I'm not exactly suffering and getting paid for it.
Either way, I have to admit that it was fun the past few days.
The strange part is that I take back the parts which really hurt at times.
Wonder how long will this period last.
The time of business, the time of seeing the common.

So the year is finally coming to an end. Normally I would love to do this after Christmas.
But I realized that I will never have the time to properly reflect on the times when I really had fun and the times which really changed my lives this year.
Hmmm, So the final evaluation of this year?
It's been one of the best yet.
No, I haven't had to most breakthroughs, the most victories.
But I guess it's just a time when I came to a peace with myself.
Guess it's the year I got a passion back again as well.

Guess my days and life is always etched by songs.
There are always them soundtracks which will make it sound so much sweeter.
I've got many of them, if I were to list them for my entire life, it'll take me forever.
But an example would be The everglow by Mae signifying 1st 3 months in CJ.

So here goes.

You make it real - James Morrison
The initial stages of the year after catching a few movies. Making me feel all fuzzy inside cause I've got shiming with me..
Love Bug - Jonas Brothers
Not a very nice song honestly, but a song I'll remember cause of the family. XY kept on singing it over and over again in January when we met up. Makes me feel happy and all. Haha.
Knights of Cydonia - Muse
Distinct time of pain and suffering. Yes indeed, in my running stages. This will be a power up song in my run as i pass the mid way of 8 km. When pain surges in my legs, this song gives me the euphoria.
Leaving - Jesse McCartney
After the pain recedes, this is when I start to pick up the pace for running again!
American Suitehearts - Fall Out Boy
Reminds me of days in the airfield. When I take the laser out and to an inspection. I'll never fail to hear this song for some reason. Me and Gary will always sing to it.
Second Chance - Faber Drive
The cooldown period for the BDPs. Alvan and David always singing to this song.
Imitation - Melee
The start of the period when I decided to change in terms of my spiritual life.
Right Round - Flo Rida
The epic movie of the year, the "Hangover". Ridiculous but one of the funniest ever!
Sweet Dreams - Beyonce
I have to admit, one of them party songs of the year. I clearly remember this when I made the worst choice of my life this year.
Friday I'm in Love - The Cure
CPT Joyce will always play this and tell me. "You are really young know!" Which makes me realize and feel that I shouldn't waste my youth!
Halo - Beyonce
Sadly, reminds me of my buddy, whom always shouts this in the office.
Saturday Nights Alright - Nickelback
Always my rev up song for the weekend. Very often for the particularly wrong reason. HAHAHHA. But an awesome song nonetheless
Life in technicolor ii - Coldplay
Nothing less than a Perfect Coldplay concert. So awesome. So sweet.
Give it to you - Sean Paul
Race day for Sundown. The start of the race and lots of pain.
7 things - Miley Cirus
The completion of the race. Strangely, the song which kept me going through my toughest time in the run. I thought of Shiming. :)
Circus - Britney Spears
The phase in the year when I was crazy for Basketball again. Trying to do them circus shots.
Look after you - The Fray
When all the stress from work fades away. This makes me really miss my girl at times.
Just Dance - Lady Gaga
Krazy - Pitbull
The best and one of my favorites. To party that is.
Whatever you like - TI
The days in talkdown when we'll play deal and Adrian will make fun of everyone using this song. Ridiculous but hilarious!
This is our God - Hillsong
One of the services when the presence was incredibly thick. Derrick was beside me and we weeped together.
Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne
LOUD CAMP! Somehow this upbeat song totally reminds me of it!
My Hero - Foo Fighters
Oh the rock in my soul. When I totally loved this year.
No surprise - Chris Daughtry
Never totally liked this song, but Shiming keeps on wanting to play it which got me into it as well!
Supermassive Blackhole - Muse
Simply the song of screaming and output for most of the year.
Don't Forget - Demi Lovato
The midnight trips to macdonalds with mark kwek and gang to eat supper all the time
Someday - Rob Thomas
Pretty much a song of hope for most of the year as well.

So much more. But this is a first list. Love it all.

No comments: