Monday, December 21, 2009

God's light shines

Listening to : You Deserve - Hillsong

This has been one hell of a year. How so?
I must say that it is really one of the years when things really have changed.
Turned for the better I hope.
Either way, I'm sure that things were better of at the end of the year compared to when we first started off.
Yeah, there has been tough and troubling times.
But indeed, the time of reckoning is really now.
I'm glad that the year is ending in such a manner. It really has been a great one.

They say that at times, the best things for you are those which hurts you most?
I have to admit, it really is true.
Some things I'm sure of, certain things I'm just stubborn in.
However, if I have not made the arrangements, I would have missed today.
If God didn't move to make availabilities, I wouldn't have been moved in such a manner.
The Thanksgiving service was indeed phenomenal.
It was a blast, in fact, it made me recalibrate myself to think of the past year.
How things have changed, how things have moved.
The various impossible tasks that have been accomplished the past year.
So much so that I have to pen it down in this blog before it slips my mind in my sleep.
From the very start of the year, till now.
I cannot help but smile and really be thankful for everything that has happened.
Be it good or bad, I accept it with no regrets.
Singing the songs, watching the performances, but more than that, hearing the lives of those whom have been impacted and have changed.
What made me feel really at home was when Pastor said that the last time all have come together was during the 'Cross' Recording.
Of which, I was present.
And very true enough, to see how the whole hall has changed. It really brings a great warmth to my heart and arcs on my lips.

Today really reignited the very first and true vision that I have had.
To impact the people. One at a time.
That was it, as simple as that. So I didn't need so many fancy gadgets.
It brought fond memories of the calls to random members at night.
One every night, every week, every month.
The cultural mandate. That was another hit in my heart and mind.
To really be the light of the city. As I sang those songs.
I really thank God for all that he has done. It is really by his grace.
But I have much more to do, much more to change.

So what was the line which has really changed me this year?
When was the time when I felt God most?
What was the experience which will leave it's impression in me this year?

LOUD camp.

It was then when I felt God so tangibly.
I couldn't even stand up straight.
It was so real to me, I was so sure that it wasn't something natural.
I knew that I have never cried out hard enough.
To feel him once again like that previously. Cause I need to know, I need to feel once again if not I can't go on. And he did, in a very very strong way.
That really blew me totally away. From then on, it was never the same.
That was the benchmark which I really looked up to.
It was funny how the message was so appropriate and similar that night.
When Pst Audrey preached about Martha and Mary.
It was that similar message which created a strong enough presence 4 years ago.
However, the line which really stayed with me throughout.
Even till now, and I will hold true for the rest of my life.
"I can't imagine a life without you, without you!"
I have always made sure of that.
I will always be in need of his presence, his love, his life in me.

I am so thankful of our church, our God.
Because of him, I am where I am today.

So what is the soundtrack for this few encounters?
Light of the City - CHC
You Deserve - Hillsong
Holy - CCC
Today - CCC
This is our God - Hillsong
God of my Forever - CHC
Because of You - CHC
Worthy - CCC
Nothing is Impossible - Planet Shakers

No comments: