Sunday, December 06, 2009

Listening to : Black Box - Stan Walker

If you believe you can do it, then go all out for it.
Without reservation, give it your 100%. Anything short of it and they'll notice.
These were the words which one of the team mates imparted to me.
He said it with so much trust in me.
That if I know that I can, I go for it, and he will take the chance believing in me.
Yes, there are times when the disc doesn't always reach me. However, it's a great effort.
And most of the time, it's really beautiful to see it that way.
Today's game taught me that.
To not give up and show some spirit and fight till you die.
You don't stop trying and keep on keeping on.
With scars on your legs and hands. But it's all good.

I found it strange when someone placed his trust in me so easily.
Put it very bluntly, as a newbie, I'm surprised he did so.
It isn't very easy. But he did, with all his heart.
I could tell from the look in his eyes that he did trust me to catch it no matter how it flew.
Surprisingly, it didn't give me more pressure than normal.
But in fact, it made the game very light.
I made it a point to lighten everyone's mood to ready the charge.

Now that I think about it.
Would I do the same if I were in his shoes?
Will I place all my hope in a guy who isn't as seasoned in the arts?
It is a very high risk.
Doing so can result in 2 very very obvious consequences.
1) We succeed and that the trust placed was correct and future ventures will be treated with alot more confidence in this individual.
2) Success is adverted. Everyone's spirit is dampened and failure is explicit and hope seems lost.

However, will I still do the same?
To place my trust in an individual whom I barely know.
To hand him the rights to determine the results of the game or for any event.
When it all boils down to the this decision.
I would. It may be very very risky and success rate is very uncertain or honestly low at times.
But without this chance, he will not be that much closer to doing the impossible.
Like what I strongly believe.
Conquering the impossible is not without countless failures.

Today was the first.

No comments: