Thursday, December 17, 2009

Listening to : Have yourself a merry little Christmas - Colbie Caillat

Through all these years, every Christmas never seems to present itself with these surprises.
It's a time of giving.
But more than that, I guess it is a time when relationships are fostered.
It's a time when the family reunites more than ever.
I've come to realize that there really isn't a need for the 'mood' of the season.
Cause like many things, the mood comes from inside.
When you decide to choose to make this season a special one.

This year, I really want to make it special.
Nope, not with many presents and all.
But just with the people I'm with. I don't really fantasize about the greatest gifts.
taking a stroll down the roads.
Looking up at the stars, counting them and failing, trying again.
Maybe this is the season that it's meant to be.

In the midst of the oh so busy period of inviting friends, parties and services.
Sometimes it really is refreshing to lie back and enjoy.
Just like how the Christmas was 3 years ago.
I really liked that, I liked it alot in fact.
With just candles to light up the night, music to sooth the atmosphere.
and the smiles to capture it all.

Yeah, though not everyone may be having the sweetest of all Christmases.
Some are having some problems all in the midst of it all.
But maybe it'll be great to just take time out and focus on the joy of the season instead of basking in your business.
Like how we always look forward to Christmas as a kid.
I wonder how many people share a similar experience anymore.
I remember waiting till the clock strikes 12 and opening them wrapped presents excitedly.
Now when it reaches 12, I guess the best present I can have is your smile.

No comments: