Wednesday, June 01, 2011

CROSS-fit #25 Just Go With It

It's not just you, everyone has their moments of folly.
Moments where you just don't feel like going to the WOD, you just don't want to go through that pain.
You know it's good, you totally know that it's for your benefit but no....
Just not in the mood, maybe it's due to various reasons.
Excuses if I may say.
Here are just a few of them...

I've got no time for it, I've gotta work today.
Homework calls!
I'm too fatigued from the previous day...
I'm tired.
Muscles are acting up on me!
I just don't feel comfortable with the group.
I'm shy.
I'm too good for this.
I've been hurt by one of the guys there.
Not my kind of thing.
Do I really have to go through this? Rather not...
Sleep beckons.
You know what, I'm really not cut out for this.

Heard them before?
Maybe even from you? Whats your excuse? For not working out, for life...
Yeah, I know, don't blame yourself, it's alright.
But don't let it become a habit, everytime this happens, Just Go With It!
Don't let your convictions become a preference.
Don't let it happen in crossfit, in your relationship, in your schools, in church.
When you just don't feel like going to church, stop, think for a moment and Just Go With It!
It's that simple, don't stop that motion, cause everytime you make that right decision to get out of your house, out of your comfort zone, victory is already yours.


It's just like the typical deadlift, the toughest point is really the first pull.
That first few inches off the ground, once it's up, momentum will do the rest of the work (most of the time.)
It's the same in life, get off your butt, get off your computer, get off your LAZY ASS! AND GET MOVING!
Once you get it going, life will seem a whole lot easier.
Trust me, it works. All the time...

So what's your excuse?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dang. conviction. hahaha :D