Saturday, September 06, 2008

Sweet escape

Listening to : The man who can't be moved - The Script

Its been an interesting week, but an agonizing weekend.
Why?
Cause of confinement, I mean, i ain't THAT sore about it but...
Its just you know. As annoying as it can be.
Got quite alot to talk about this time. Yes i do.
To me, the biggest thing would definitely be wednesday.
My parents wedding anniversary.

To me, Such events should be celebrated internally.
Ie. Within the couple.
However, i guess they think otherwise.
So my dad being the non-romantic guy.
Indeed surprised us all.
"We are throwing a surpirse for your mummy at the best steakhouse in town, do dress appropriately and don't tell her."
Yup, that was what my dad said, I was honestly really really shocked. To hear those words emerge from his mouth was like vegetables to me. And I don't eat vegetables...
So yeah, we indeed went to the best steakhouse in town.
I mean the BEST like MORTONS. I thought it'll be costly. But not THAT costly.
Well, cut long story short. I'm honestly quite happy to see them both this way. It didn't turn out exactly like how it should be, but my mum was really surprised nonethless.
In the end, seeing them hug at such an old age kinda gets both goosebumps on my hands and also a warmth in my heart.
I mean, how cool would it be if we get married in future and remain so loving?

Guess in Singapore we ain't the best loving creatures around.
Dad works, Mum 90% of the time works, kid is left to the maid/childcare.
So yeah, thats the rough idea of the family structure.
At least that is the idea for me. I didn't bother looking into wikipedia to find the stats but i'm guessing those are the structures of most families in Singapore.
ALSO! It's common to say "don't eat where you shit". Ie. Don't get your partner where you work. Therefore! The couple wouldn't be in such close contact anymore.
Looking at me and shiming, i guess we're an anomaly but we really can't stop meeting each other. I know i'm what 9 months into NS but i still literally DEMAND to see her every weekend.
I guess and I hope that is the same way for her. Or at least thats what she says. So i believe her.
We're NOT in the same organisation as we were in JC, so I guess it really does take effort.
So this is to all married/going to get married/planning marriage/wannabes.
Its all about keeping the LOVE!

Ok, you have got to be thinking, Lionel is partially gay.
NO I'M NOT! I just thought i should talk about this after my parents anniversary.
I salute my Dad for such an act.
Well, enough mushy stuff. Time to sleep. Sian.

No comments: