Saturday, February 19, 2005

TP Open house

A form of craze has hit the area of tampinese in Tamesak Poly!! Went there with Kenny and Desmond Lin to check it out. After all TP is the next best thing after JC. Looking left right and scanning the whole building, it was quite good a campus, much bigger than Maris stella which is most definite. The 1st stop was the school of Applied Science, Not bad, however the course wasn't as good as expected. The Chemical engineering was good but lacked the 'fun' factor I guess. The secondary choices to Chemical engineering were all associated with Biology. A subject little to be desired by me. Next stop was business School, I would say I'm quite impressed by it, facilities provided were acceptable, most importantly it had more of the 'fun' factor compared to the Science school. What impressed me most was the CMM or most commonly referred to as Mass Com. A course which I have always been thinking of joining, being the inquisitive boy that I am, A question arose, "What are the requirements to get in?". To my extreme amazement "11-13 points and an A1 or 2 for English Language." Whatever dream and thought I had about going to mass com was shattered in an instant. There were other courses like Hospitality and Tourism Management. A good course just that it is a little boring here and there but a job in the future would almost be confirmed. After all, Singapore is moving to the Tourism Industry( Someone out there better treat me something for writing this...You know who ar =p). Next was engineering school. Sorry but I was far from impressed!! We just went there because Kenny wanted to. It was extremely boring! Maybe due to the huge lack of interest with computers?? I am a simple guy, don't mind many jobs just don't put me in front of a computer and typing the whole day. Please don't I hate it!! Next and last stop was the CCA booth. Nothing much there, got many many free gifts and was pleasantly surprised by the variation of CCA given. Well This is TP. Just remember!! Anyone in TP no offence but ya SAJC is still my 1st choice. TP is my 1st choice for Poly though!!

No comments: