Sunday, August 07, 2011

CROSS-fit #48 Heart-Strong

After 48 posts, I think I have the liberty to take one or two to get a little personal.
So this is it, I am finally 22.
Guess like every other important day, I spend most of my time well...
Looking back. At how the year has been and how life has changed...
Here goes.

Being 21, entering adulthood, wasn't as sweet as I had expected.
Wasn't easy in fact, I guess this year has been well, the toughest and most life changing year yet.
I've been through so many changes, trials, tests, victories, defeats...
I've honestly made some dumb mistakes, some real dumb ones.
Some of them were pretty good mistakes as well.
However, all of them, I'm thankful for.
Life kind of hit me this year, yeah it really did, in full force.
Probably didn't take it so well mid way through being 21.
But I guess things really got better...
I'm glad, that things turned out the way they are, though some are not peach perfect but...
I'm still glad that they are as such. And it's really a new phase this time.

New mind.
New body.
New heart.
New smile.
New Friendships.
New Lifestyles.
New Relationships.
New breakthroughs.
New problems.
New heartaches.
New happiness.
New Life.
New Heroes.
New Dreams.

However, if there's something I have learnt...
It's about well, being true to yourself.
Not to have any illusions, not to deny who you are.
To be able to motivate, to talk to yourself and to make them choices in life.
Cause sometimes, you may have a multitude by your side, cheering you on but sometimes...
It's just you and that bar, you and that life, you and God hustling it out.
So hold on and keep fighting. Take Courage, take Heart.

Another thing is that well, all around me...
There're amazing people.
People who lift, not put down.
Those who genuinely cared when frankly... I didn't at all.
Those who insisted on being there, on listening and caring even though I was a pain.
Those who know who I really am but accepts me for who I am.
Those who have made me smile and changed me so much, for the better.
Those who pressed in when I had no heart to do so.
People who believed in me.
And those who gave me Heart.

If there're just 2 things, this is it.
Ain't too perplexed ain't it? It's easy, simple but sometimes tough to realize.
So take it from me.
Sit down, search deep down inside, find that few friends, find that solemn place where it's you and God.
And fight it all out together and be extraordinary.

That's how you be HEART-STRONG

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lionel. You don't know me. Your posts are excellent. Thank you.

Lionel!! said...

Hey! Thanks for the compliments. Do keep reading and commenting on it!