Friday, April 29, 2011

CROSS-fit #2 The Return

Listening to : Coming Home - Diddy Dirty Money

Ever wonder how it felt like? To be away from something for way too long.
To take a break from your usual habits which mean the World to you.
To be away from the box due to other commitments in your life.
When things eventually get cleared up, when you've finally got things back in order.

What will you do?

Stay away or come back? Wasn't this the love that you've always longed for?
Wasn't this the euphoric feeling that everyone yearns for?
Yesterday I made my return back to the box after a good 3 long weeks.
I was afraid, scared to a small extent but excited nonetheless.
I had wanted to go about doing my own regime, something different from others just because I had deemed myself as somewhat weaker now.
But no, it was straight to the prowl.

It made me think for a moment, what's up with that...
Don't they realize that I just got back.
Don't they realize that I'm not fit, I'm not ready for such a grueling WOD right away?
I was looking at the system, not the community.
Just as it's said, "Not my ways, but yours".
It was a truly tough going one, I fell and collapsed soon after then it hit me...

What matters is that when I walked in, people cared.
When I was lying on the floor after the WOD, feeling like I've been stabbed in the gut.
They welcomed me back.
No matter how 'unfit' you may be, you may be thrown right back into the game.
You wonder, "don't they realize that I just went to hell and back?"
But look around, they're still there for you, they're still there cheering you on.
Each step, of the way.

You may have been away for too long, away and distant from the true joys of life.
Even away from the one true meaning of life, God.

But come back, come back.
Cause no, they won't criticize, they won't judge.
Cause when you're on the floor after giving everything you've got,
What they'll say won't be, "you deserved it".
It'll be, "Welcome home."
God will say, "Welcome home."

No comments: