Friday, December 31, 2010

Moment lost.

Listening to : Fireworks - Katy Perry

So this is the last post of the decade. This blog has been good to me the past years.
I have to admit, recounting the past 10 years would be a blast but slightly too troublesome.
Instead, I'll stick to the usual tradition of well looking back at the year. 2010...
It's truly been an AMAZING year, there were some real highs, similarly, some real LOWS.
Either way, I'm really grateful to God, family, friends for this great year.
I have to admit, 2010 has been my most eventful year yet. Pretty much the best year as well.
Ok, let's try to think back and pick out some real milestones this year in Chronological order.
Of which are the things I can only remember off hand

1) Korea
The first of many overseas trips this year. Was also a first with my brother alone.
I really enjoyed it and learnt alot. It was somewhat a study trip to see the great and mighty things.
I'm forever kept in awe by the attitudes of prayer and how all of those Koreans live their lives.
However, maybe the highlight of the entire Korea trip was well...
Some good time spent with my brother. I don't have that too often...
But I'm glad we did that, it was a good chance to spend some nice time together. No, no htht.

2) USA
A good ORD trip with my best buddies around. Mark and Erwin. It was really an eye opener.
To see the whole World and enjoy life. I was really amazed by the sights and sounds.
We even caught the Lakers up close and personal.. Man!
Really a trip I'll never forget! One of the most fun ones as well!

3) Entering SOT
It was pretty much an uncertain decision for me. I really initially hesitated big time.
But the moment I got in, I remember clearly what Pauline said. Have Faith.
And so, it turned out to be a good decision to actually do so.
Went in as a team leader which I really didn't expect and didn't know what more to do.
Another shock was that my team was half Taiwanese. Ie. CHINESE SPEAKING
So yeah, it was really a challenge but it was all worth it. The Taiwanese never fail to amaze me.
SOT was also great for the many things and moves that we learnt and did. Thank God!

4) Crossfit
To think about it, this year has been pretty random. However, I do not believe in coincidences.
Crossfit came about as a random suggestion from David for us to try.
However, it well became something which will really change the way I look at life.
I've said enough about it in my other blog posts.
But the vision of using crossfit to change lives has captivated my heart.
It isn't just a fitness program, it's a lifestyle, a vision.

5) Asia Conference, Manhunt
Yeah, once again, I was forced into joining it, never really wanted to go through Manhunt.
Then again, I was really amazed and surprised cause well, I met some really good people there.
There I learnt how to compose myself, speak on stage and carry myself strongly.
Not just that, serving in Asia Conference was also something I would never forget.
Sleeping like 4 hours a day for 5 days and keeping up the spirit.
It was really a challenge, but in the back of our heads. We know that we have changed Asia in a small small way. :)
PS. I won Mr AC. Which was double shock / joy. WOOHOO!

6) Mission Trip, Kuching
This has to be one of the greatest eye openers for all of us.
To see how people in other nations live their lives, the poverty that they are in.
The hunger for the gospel and vision in their lives. The passion for greater things.
The majesty of how God's Kingdom is being spread.
I'm always shocked. Kuching has a place in my heart.
This coupled with the simultaneous teachings of cultural mandate and crossfit just makes all fall into place. I'm here for a reason I now know my vision.

7) 21st Birthday
Pretty much the most surprising/shocking/happiest week of the year. Enough said!
Shiming really did an amazing one. Brought me to all of the various places.
Well, one of the highlights was Singfest!!! WOWW!!
Another was well, seeing my dream come true. My photo wall... :)

8) SOT graduation
The times seem to fly by when you look back in such a manner. The Taiwanese have changed me as much as CHC has changed them.
Team 1 will always remain in my heart. SOT has taught me how to preach, sing, lead and do many more amazing things which I've never dreamt of doing!
Now as we part our ways, I know that we will all do greater things.
Winning runner up for best performance was but yet a simple bonus to the treasures I've attained in my heart.

9) Jeff
I know this comes across as something really strange. However, I clearly remember that it was past graduation when he really began to speak into my life.
I treasure him soooo much as a leader. He has really spoken many truths on how I go about doing many amazing things.
I guess from my perspective, I have never had him doubt me for one single moment.
Conversely, he's always been there, supporting me, understanding and teaching me.
Thanks Jeff.

10) NUS
Going back to school wasn't easy. No transition period whatsoever.
but I'm glad that beside me, I've people to help me get used to it.
No doubt, wasn't as fantastic a semester.
But I'm glad that I had people like YX and shiming there. :)
Coming together with the old BDPs to study and work again feels all nostalgic.

11) 4th anniversary
It's been long, it's been amazing, 4 years with Shiming was really a feat and a treat.
I do treasure her every single day. :)
I may not be the sweetest, I may not be the most romantic guy around.
Gosh, I bring her to library and crossfit for dates.
But ultimately, I do love her, one great deal.

12) Multiplication
Didn't really feel like something big for me. but a real proud moment though.
Shiming has become a CGL. I've never been this proud. Though yes, there have been much contest in my heart in this new cell.
However, I'll work hard. Cause she is. :)

Well, that's about all the big stuff that's happened this year. If I've left out anything, do let me know! However, on the flip side, maybe not... cause I'm looking ahead now.
2010 was great! I'm sure it was cause of you, reading this now...
The people have come and gone but all of them played a part in shaping me to who I am today.
So thank you for making 2010 this amazing and crazy and whacky and awesome.
2010 is now over, let's look ahead. 2011 will be an even more amazing year.
Let's do it. Together!

No comments: