Sunday, November 28, 2010

3 2 1..... GO

Listening to : Electric Feel - Katy Perry

Through this little period of 'testing' in the form of exams...
I guess I've taken this little time to reflect and look back at how I've performed.
I guess now that it's all over. I know there're definitely a few things which I can say that I've learnt.
Certain things I know I definitely will not do again, certain things I think I'll do more...
Well here goes, hope it makes sense to those who've just ended their exams and wonder what's wrong. Why are they feeling a certain way??

Firstly, definitely, I have to remember that the people around me matter.
Guess it isn't just me who realized it. But everyone around me have said at least once or twice.
This exam mentality and the whole idea of 'chionging' has well brought about a changed mental.
That we are sadly supposed to neglect everything around us and well, just study.
This is well, sad, but real cause we really do that.
We just shut ourselves out from the World.
I can honestly say that in the midst of exams, I've only spoken to Shiming and even that is limited.
So yes, I do think that I really need slightly more time with the people around and well...
Don't forget the important things in life which have brought you thus far to begin with.

Another things is well... The people you mix with.
Honestly, you wanna soar like eagles, you don't mix with turkeys.
Simple mentality, very true. Resources and knowledge is spread by people, no books....
So yes, if you wanna do well, find the smart people, befriend them, and STICK with them.
However, not trying to say you neglect your others, but at least maintain a reasonable amount of contact with them... I didn't at all. Which was epic fail.

I guess one thing is that instead of simply studying and studying, I have to actually like it.
I recently received an interesting comment, that I'm no longer as passionate.
As on fire about the things that I study.
It's simple and evident. I'm pretty much like a book, easy to read.
If I like something, I keep talking about it. If something bothers me, I'll say it out.
And so.... I haven't been expressing much excitement I used to as compared to that in JC days.
So... I guess I have to start assimilating whatever I'm studying into life, and enjoy it.
Look at the wonders around it!
Basically, not results driven but knowledge driven.

Lastly, another thing is well, being an overcomer, looking and realizing that there're good things out there. We all talk about looking for the joy in suffering.
Sometimes it isn't there or well.. It's tough to find.
Maybe, just maybe, this joy is something which is right before your nose.
Don't miss out on the things which really matter, the dreams and visions you've had all along.
I'm sure, I'm very very sure that in the midst of working hard, we all have had that thought.
Maybe I should just give up and well, forget it.
But we need to remember the little wonders...
The things which are truly there for us and have impacted us before and hold on to them!
I mean, look at Michael Jackson, imagine if he was pressured to be a boxer when he was young..
And Mohammed Ali was driven to be a singer, what a disaster that would be.
We are all here for a purpose, doing something we like with that vision we have.
Cling on to that, cause that will drive you!
It may not be a vision, but person, REASON why you're in it...
The strongest people always have one... They know why they're in it for...
Because When the rubber meets the road and the results seem achievable....


We need all the help we can get...
Even if it's from the smallest of sources, it can do miracles for us in these desperate times...


So no matter how tough you are, I'm sure all these things have come across your mind before.
But ultimately, suck it up. Bear with it. Enjoy it and take some time to always remember....
FIGHT ON!

No comments: