Sunday, September 27, 2009

quicken yourself

Listening to : Undisclosed desires - Muse

I'm quite surprised by the viewership of this blog. In fact, I expected many not to know of its existence. But well, it was quite on the contrary.
So I've been very active recently. Or rather, I'm glad that things are coming around for the better.
The group from 5 is slowly growing. Which is quite amazing.
People are being used in ways which I can't begin to explain.
Yes, times may be tough and some believe that the reason for committing may differ from the norm. However, I've never succumbed to the simple stereotype of how a 'christian' should be.
One passage which has really impacted me was the simple idea of Jesus eating with the tax collectors. It may seem quite strange and profound but it was as simple as that.
Jesus didn't care who you were or where you were from.
He cared that you were here.

Many a times, people always grumble or complain that there're too little people for a party, an outreach or whatever event there is.
I mean, whats planned is planned. If the turnout ain't good...
What do we normally react with??
I'm sure as a person of authority, the initial reaction is FLIP!
Why're there so LITTLE??
But I've come to realise that really, the numbers are important yes, but I'm sure that those present are more important than the missing numbers.
They should be honored.

No point crying over spilled milk.
That's to put it as simple as it is.
On the contrary, the people whom are present should never be discriminated.
Yes, they may not be like you or me,
they may not have the same history and background, but they're as they are!
Maybe I've grown to accept this with my history of connect group members.
Ranging from the secondary school boys, the non-english-speaking hostelites and even till now, those whom have fallen background.
I'm somehow a magnet to these people.
Its strange, even dangerous at times, but I'm glad that they come.

That aside, I'm rather burnt. Very burnt in fact.
The color after the recovery process should be quite pleasing though.
I've always wondered, and I'm sure I've said this before,
what would life be like if Lionel wasn't a sportsmen.
Would I have done this good and well would I have been fit and not fat?
I honestly don't know. But yes, I rather stay on the safe side.
I can't stop exercising, I doubt I ever will as well.
Total opposite from my brother I suppose.

The future is still a mystery.
Life is still unstable.
But thats where the fun kicks in aye??

No comments: