Friday, December 21, 2012

CROSS-fit #114 Ken

While doing Crossfit, many are continually amazed by the movements and intensities of it all.
However, certain things need no real explanation.
They say that you can't really argue someone into the kingdom of God.
You can surely explain the whole concept of Christ or anything at all but if the other party just isn't willing then really, you're wasting your time.

During my exchange here in Arizona, I've met Ken, a Japanese.
Someone not too fluent in English but I've learnt one really important thing from him.
That communication doesn't always involve speaking.
He's sincere, kind and extremely outgoing. Most of all, he expresses most of everything via actions.
He doesn't really think too much, he just does it.
I've seen who he is through his actions and not really his speech.
I've learnt to hold back talking and maybe just do the things I wanna say I do.
If I wanna eat 2 pounds of meat, just do it! Don't talk too much bout it!
If I wanna travel the World, DO IT!

Likewise, maybe we shouldn't talk too much bout stuff.
About Crossfit or about anything at all.
People whom criticize the lifestyle may just need to see it.
So don't be shy about your convictions cause you may speak a totally different language but actions and habits speak for themselves.
Arguing will only push them away.

Ken has been an amazing friend and this is really dedicated to him.
See you in Japan real soon buddy!

No comments: