Sunday, December 09, 2012

CROSS-fit #110 This has your name all over it

When something has your name all over it.
It essentially means what? That you pretty much own this workout.
And that you're great at it.

Well, I'd like for such a phrase to be coined slightly differently in a Crossfit context.
Recently I had a workout and my trainers called it mine.
My name written all over it.
I genuinely thought it'll be body weight movements, simple pull ups and MUs.
Hell no.
All my weaknesses combined in one tiny workout.
Toes to bar, grip strength, running, you name it.

Be unafriad to expose your weaknesses to others.
Cause then they'll know where to hit.
Know where to really target.
This is a different spirit from other competitions, really.
It doesn't matter if everyone knows what you suck at. Cause they really ain't competing against you.
They're doing so against themselves.

Don't hide behind your strengths.
Don't hide behind your fame, wealth and happiness.
Acknowledge your shortfalls and deal with it.
Better yet, let others in your life, those you can count on, those you're vulnerable to, know about it.
That's when the growth kicks in

No comments: