Monday, July 19, 2010

Clarity of Spirit

Listening to : Littlee Wonders - Rob Thomas

The smallest things in life should never be overlooked.
The simple joys and blessings, even the big ones as well should be properly addressed.
As I've finally returned from my Mission trip to Kuching.
We have all moved up one level in serving for sure. More importantly...
I can proudly say that We have all planted a seed which will flourish over there.
However, it's really more amazing that they've planted a seed in my heart as well.

Walking down the streets with the members of CHC Kuching made me realize how blessed I am, how I am in perfect position to help someone in need.
It's undeniably selfish to not extend that helping hand to someone in need.
We can all boast about the fact that we are in CHC, the church without walls.
However, have we actually went that extra mile giving that helping hand?
For the first time, we did. I did at least. Going into what they call houses...
I really call just metal sheets and a floor.
It really ached my heart. It irks me to think that I've been living such a lavish life and not exactly helped someone who has nothing at all.
I've got a vision, I've got a dream. They don't even have a meal in front of them.
All they have, is a smile, a joy which cannot be explained.
They are contented in their hearts, because of who they have, not What they have.
They are glad because they know that they've got people to care for them, that Jesus cares.
It's cliche, I know, but this is how the world is changed.
This is what I should be doing and focusing on as well.
I totally understand if someone has no vision or dream for their lives.
I can now understand why they wouldn't even consider having one.
If they have no place to live in, no real food to eat. Who would care.
I could say so much. I can tell so many stories.
But you have to be there to experience it yourself.
Leaving those houses, I though to myself.
Why are they in such conditions, why why why???
Then I realized something so simple, so that we can be there for them.
Seeing a little kid smile when we arrive, to see her take the chocolate from my arms smiling.
Never belittle the need to love. Never belittle your simple basic act of loving others.
It can change the World for them, beyond any sermon, beyond any fanciful drama.
This really changes their lives. A simple chocolate ball...

I have been moved to initially think that making something work is really out of effort.
However, I've come to realize to understand that it is not always the case.
With only effort, we can do so much.
But I've seen the heart of prayer in this church. They know what it means to give their youth.
It reminds me of not even myself but the pioneers of City Harvest.
They don't just give their money, their sweat but they really give their youths.
They devote it to a simple act of prayer and serving.
It's not about stature for them. But they really want it, they really want the Kingdom.
They really want their friends to be saved, they want their family to be saved.
They want the miracles of God to happen in their lives.
They want their church to always be in Revival.
It has been a spiritual experience for us. Joining them in prayer, joining them in worship.
With no instruments whatsoever, it is really a renewal of ourselves.
However, no one can dispute the fact that their pastor, Pastor Kelvin has an amazing heart.
Working day after day tirelessly but still keeping a smile on his face.
It's a rare sight. A smile which is really genuine which is not out of accomplishment.
It's a smile that brings across hope.
I really want that as well. The people in CHC Kuching have been beyond encouraging to me.
Though youths, they have already made miracles happen.

I wouldn't want to be boastful to say that we did all the work.
However, it was a real tough job in everyone's part. It really wasn't easy.
I see the immense hardwork, sweat and tears.
It really can hear the anger, sadness and even disappointment when something didn't go as expected. It hasn't exactly been the easiest of events I've come across.
From the first day till the last, everyone has been giving their 100%. Being very adaptable to change. Being totally understanding when I tell them that we've got to practice.
I really am grateful for everyone's sacrifices.
If it wasn't for you all. If it wasn't for the effort that you all have placed. None of this would have happened. As the mission closed, tears welled up for the first time ever.
I was really overwhelmed, that if it wasn't for you guys, Kuching wouldn't have been changed one bit. Revival was brought to that town, I believe that.
It's because of your willingness, your attitude to serve, your attitude to sacrifice which moved me most, Team 1 and 2. You have made this mission meaningful to me.

A seed has been planted, the most important seed is one which is from you guys.
The little acts that everyone has placed effort in are really wonders in it's own.
You all are little wonders. I thank you all for that. The time, the sleep, all the sacrifices.

Thank you, For the commitment to the music, the excellence of it, Ryan, Yu Kun and Yee Hao
Thank you, For always assuring me that things will work out, Josh and Sha Sha and Rih Yang
Thank you, For taking that bold step to do what you never thought you would, Justine, Sean, Mel Chen and Xiao Zhuang
Thank you, For the relentless effort in making the kids happy, Ariel, Joanna and Mel Tay
Thank you, For the heart to always keep on serving despite all the sickness, Roy, Miko and Anda and Edu
Thank you, For the stepping up and daring to speak in front of a camera for the first time, Shijie and Phoebe.
Thank You, For the effort placed in making sure that your offering was the best it could be, Allen, Yi Fei and Hong Ming
Thank you, for being the support which I really needed when things were being run, Jian Hao, Kim,
Thank you, For that undying spirit and creativity in the drama, Derick, Prija and Jun.
Thank you, For the hype you brought in the youth meeting, Ben.
Thank you, For being there when things really went rough but you were there to smile and push me on with that dot, Hua Hui.
Thank you E406 for your prayers.
Thank you God, for the presence which you sent down that day. Thank you Father for the love which you poured out. Thank you Jesus for your grace that was upon us that whole trip. You are the motive of it all. Your gave us love to love. Thank you God. Really. Thank you.

Now that Kuching is over, it won't stop here for sure. I'm gonna make it continue. The spirit of BREAKTHROUGH!!!

No comments: