Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Blind Side

Listening to : You've got the Love - Florence and the Machines

I learn alot from movies.
Morals, spirit, courage, many of those.
In fact, I get certain revelations from it even. Of which many are really interesting.
Very seemingly tough to link what we learn to movies at times.
But I always like to do that. To keep it close to my heart.

So the movie "Blind Side".
Initially I thought it was a film of literally a blind man.
However, it's when I actually watched the show and then I realized what it really means.
It's the hidden spot when the quarter back is open to tackles in football.
Very similarly. it's like the area where you can't see and the most vulnerable to.
When we get smacked from that point, that angle.
It's good game for us.
So in the game, they employ one person to do precisely one thing.
To protect that blind side. He's called the Left Tackle.

You stick your guts out for those who stick theirs for you.
It's very simple.
You give your life to those who give theirs to you.
And you either let them get smack in the back or you smack those whom are going to do so.
So put it in very simple words.
It's all about protecting those you call your own.
When we all say "As One". Is it really so?
Do we really go out to cover each others Blind Side?
I play lotsa sports, so I'm really crazy over such small minor issues.
I can imagine that in the game of ultimate, this Left Tackle is the dump.

How ever way you put it, it's very clear and concise.
This person is vital to the success of the team and the family.
Cause when you don't cover their ass, they won't be covering yours.
In turn, enemy gains ground.
It was inspiring in the movie when The main character played out a scene when he really covered and protected his foster parents and family despite the lack of knowledge regarding their whereabouts.
In fact, he took the unknown step to stand for them.
But before we see that happening, the family took an even bolder unknown step to care and cover his back.
As easy as it is to break the chain of trust. Like how we all say, trust can be easily broken but harder to gain back.
I DISREGARD IT. Sorry, Cause I've realized that it isn't so.
It's when you take a plunge, when you dip yourself into believing into not just an ideal, but a person.
We don't do the many things we do because we have to.
We do it cause we want to.
That to me is what defines our lives.
When we choose out own destiny, our own fate.

So what is it going to be?
One of distrust? Fear? Uncertainty?
Or of Trust, Faith and stepping out of the unknown.
Yeah, I'm sure there'll be disappointments.
But if someone stuck their butt out for me before and pulled me out.
I'm sure that I'll be willing to endure it to continue doing that.
Cause someone saw hope in me.
Gave me their trust, gave me their hope.

So in all of us, we don't just carry the lives of our own but those of that have sown into ours.
Your family, your friends, your loved ones.
Cover their Blind Side.
Cause they covered yours.

No comments: