Wednesday, April 03, 2013

CROSS-fit #118 This is going to test your heart

If many of you don't know me too well.
I'm a very simple minded person whom follows a simple philosophy
That everything, everything you do, has to come from the heart.
In the Crossfit Games, we are tested in all forms of physical fitness
Absolute strength, endurance through various time domains, work capacity in general.
We are thrown tasks and set goals for ourselves which are at times, not humanly attainable.
We are tested in every physical movement you can think off.

Right before the announcement of the finale workout of the Opens.
Dave Castro, came out and spoke about 13.5, here's the video



Well, from the entire video, the one thing that caught my attention.
"This will test your heart"

We talk about testing yourself physically. But really...
The Crossfit Games to me is more than that, the Opens is more than simply testing my physical fitness
It has really tested me mentally.
I might not be the most mentally focused person around, my mind drifts everywhere.
But behind every 'physical' battle, there really is something more deep within.
The term 'Focus' and 'We're going to win' takes a different standpoint altogether

In the first week, I was tested in my capability to perform under the impression of an injury and doubt of self worth and capability

In the second week, I was tested in terms of putting all aside amidst a tough time and learning how to fight my way through no matter the circumstances, no matter how rough the times. To me, that workout tested me on what I was able to do on my own and with God. It was a rough few weeks for me and I thank God I was able to pull through.

In the third week, I was presented with a haunting past, a real failure. 13.3 was the same as 12.4 which I really think I failed terribly in. I had to face that past failure once again. I confronted fear and the risk of failure again. But more than that, I confronted the nagging thought to succeed myself and 'go get it'

In the fourth week, It was all for the fun of it, to be able to have fun but do my best at the same time. That was a different kind of test for me, something I enjoyed.

And here we are, 2 days from the release of the last workout.
Now we're gonna test the heart.

We all focus on becoming stronger, fitter. But really, the biggest differentiating factor in Crossfit and in life, isn't exactly the physical is it?
What has the Crossfit Games taught you?

No comments: