Sunday, March 31, 2013

CROSS-fit #117 Isn't this fun?

We all go through tough times. Yupp, we all do.
Trials and tribulations.
The entire package.
Be it circumstantial or self-inflicted. We all go through rough patches in our lives
Yeah, those moments aren't the sweetest to be in.
Instead of looking down and focusing on how life pretty much sucks at that moment in your life.
Maybe you should take some time to smell the flowers.

A couple of ways to think about things
1) You're gonna be going through this 'hell' either way, why not enjoy this?
2) Things won't get any better, things will still be painful, so why not have some fun?
3) Maybe, just maybe, having some fun may make this hell-hole feel a little less 'hell-ish'.

Just last Thursday, I did 13.4. A couplet of clean and jerks as well as toes to bars.
Well, it was a 7 minute ascending ladder.
For those who don't know what that is, head to the Crossfit Games page and be informed
I knew it was going to be hard, just like all the other workouts.
But since I was so far down the leaderboard, I decided to take all the pressure off
I had my own goals, yes, but I wanted to do the most sensible thing there and then.
Have some fun.

Crossfit was never made to intimidate or scare people, I've learnt that recently.
It was made to foster a great community of people whom view fitness as something important in life.
The Crossfit Games and the workouts, no matter how tough, should never be 'un-fun'.
Likewise for life isn't it?
No matter how shitty it gets... Maybe having some fun let's you live your life after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I constantly spent my half an hour to read this website's articles all the time along with a cup of coffee.

my site ... lotosuper