Thursday, September 13, 2012

CROSS-fit #94 Maybe it isn't for everyone

Right now, while I'm on exchange, I've got a couple of posters up in my room.
One of which is that of Muhammad Ali.
It's right beside me, staring at my face everyday, below is a picture of it.
In the last sentences it reads, "But the will must be stronger than the skill"


Now a couple of days ago, I brought a new friend, let's call him Zack, to try Crossfit out.
Simple and easy.
Oh man, he suffered like a crying baby.
Didn't we all suffer the same way when we all started out?
It was ALWAYS tough in the get go.
In any new career or any new family, gosh it's full of challenges.
But sometimes, just sometimes, why don't we feel that challenge, why don't we think that it's that hard no more...
Of course you get used to it, your body, mind, soul get's used to the turmoil that you go through on a continual basis.

Back to the story,
Well Zack, after the workout, felt terrible on many levels. Mostly physical pain.
However, I knew that the pain would go away and a good sense of Euphoria would come.
True enough, it did.
That night, I asked him if he liked it.
If he liked what he just did.
Then he replied with a relatively politically correct answer
"I know it's good for me, the movements and all. But I'd rather something less intense. I know that it won't work as well for me but I prefer it that way."
There and then, I guess I realized that Crossfit isn't for everyone.
So are many trials in these days.
Gosh if I went through what Pastor Kong is going through right now, I'd probably crumble...
But probably the reason why I don't feel that kind of pain no longer is simple...
"The will is stronger than the skill."
You can be the most skilled Olympic lifter around but if you can't give a hoot about Crossfit then you'll probably hate it and suffer even more.
Then again, you could be severely overweight, obese for that matter, but if you have in your heart, the will and determination to get what you want, the crossfit will probably be for you.
Yeah, Crossfit isn't for everyone.
Don't step in if you don't have that will, you'll just be in a miserable state.

Have the will before the skill and always keep the will stronger than the skill

No comments: