Thursday, August 30, 2012

CROSS-fit #93 My warm up is your workout

We've heard that statement said by pretty much all Crossfit boxes around.
Your workout is my warm up.
Which is kind of true to a certain extent.
But let's be tactful here and think about it...

I don't look down on any other sport or fitness program other than Crossfit.
I really don't...
I may not see it as effective or 'right' relative to Crossfit but SOME exercise is better than no exercise.
So although your workout is really my warm up.
I wouldn't want to rub that in would I?
It's similar to the idea that if you're generally better than someone else, don't rub it in.
Be humble.
Through my course of touring boxes here in USA, I've noticed one thing...
That in every box, there's a balance, a good mix of well pride and humility.
They're proud of the people that they work out with and they think they could all be the next Froning one day, they really do!
But what about humility? Well, they express it in a simple way. They don't talk much, they don't brag about the weights that they're doing or how hard their workout is...
They just remain silent, approach the bar and lift.
Cause they know that someone out there is massively stronger than them.

Yeah, you may be the highest grossing company around...
But don't let that get to you.

I recently saw a facebook status "WOD : 4 rounds 25 DUs 15 burpees 5 pullups. time 5:55 (no disrespect to my new box but all that went thru my mind was...i probably do twice that amount of work for my warmups back at home. lulz)"

Alright so there's so much I can tell from just this one statement.
Disgusted?
Very much so. (Don't worry CFSG guys, it's not one of us...)
I recently had a WOD with Annie Sakamoto and the WOD was a simple alternting tabata of core work.
Was it easier than I had expected? Yes...
Did I push myself nonetheless to complete it to the best of my abilities? Of course!
It's not the workout, it's the attitude and how you approach it.

If you think you're too good for organizations, churches, cell group, boxes or workouts.
Please, step aside, let the real committed take over.
Cause no matter what small workout or trial it is, I'm giving it my all.
(Slight aggression here, but I was really quite put off by a statement like that)

No comments: