Tuesday, September 25, 2012

CROSS-fit #96 Yoda

Currently at the new box.
There's a coolio picture right in front of the box.
It's staring at us everyday, every workout


Yupp, it's Yoda.
He's right in front of us during every clean, every deadlift, every pullup.
I never really got to ask the Wildcat Crossfit folks why he's there.
Maybe I don't want to...
Gonna form my own impression of it.

After all, Yoda IS the great Jedi Master.
But more importantly, he has great lessons about the 'force' and life
I suppose one thing that he always says, and something that I'll always remember.
"Patience, my young Padawan."
He keeps telling that to everyone he teaches, Anakin (Vader) and Luke.

But I guess it really is appropriate.
We all like to rush things. Gosh we really do.
We rush the second pull in the clean, we rush the butt rise on the deadlift
We are impatient in waiting for results, we can't wait another week to see your numbers on your lifts jump.
Everything has to be fast, now.
Well, the converse to all of this, is longevity, isn't it? (Maybe that's why Yoda is sooooo OLLLDDDD)
We're doing this FOR LIFE
Not for the immediate gains.
I'd rather increase my base strength in a stable manner such that I can keep going up for years to come.
And not just for an initial sudden jump...
Be patient in life.
Be patient and wait for the promotion.
For the positive response.
Keep working on it. But be patient, it'll come.

Look at yoda and be patient young padawan.

No comments: