Friday, July 29, 2011

CROSSfit #45 Make it Count

We all begin excited. Everyone does...
Starting out in Crossfit, starting out in anything new in life, it's a new passion.
A new Drive.
However, soon after, it begins to die down. Eventually, it'll really be mundane.
It'll be you walking through those doors every single time and.

Alright, time to get intense. Time to just keep doing what I have always been doing.


Crossfit prides itself in being the sport which is elicits negative adaptation.
In other words, it doesn't allow your body to adapt to any form of trial, which eventually helps to improve overall fitness.
However, I guess this is in everything, but everyone, everyone will adapt to cycles, to life.

That's when we just go through the motion...
We go through life with the simple idea that, yeah, I just gotta keep coming back, doing what I'm doing all the time.
I just need to keep slogging, I just need to put food on the table.
I just need to serve and get these seats filled, I just need to study and get my grades in school.
But man, what happened to that passion?
What happened to your days which mattered?
Your time which actually counted for its worth?

We talk about intensity, but when was the last time we didn't go through the motion but really
Became Intense in our head.
Don't go head in to the workout without a right frame of mind.
Don't let the day die without you doing something useful.
Make a difference in someone, today. Make your day count.

No comments: