Friday, March 16, 2012

CROSS-fit #76 2 years and going strong

So much can change in a span of a few months.
Take that and think of it in terms of 2 years.
Look back and see how far you've come. Just once in a while, I'd like to do that.
It's been 2 years since I started the Sport of Crossfit.
I have no idea where to begin...
It's been a long and tough journey, week after week. Getting beaten and battered every single time.
Learning from the mistakes and the victories.
Getting reprimanded from leaving the bottles around, getting encouraged when the workout doesn't go too well and getting praised for making that PR.
Time and time again.

So many have asked me, why do I still go back?
Crossfit, in general and not just at CFSG, is an expensive place to be training at!
You pay top dollar for great coaching but hey you can get a similar (but of course a lousier) experience at a much cheaper Fitness First gym.
Recently, many have called crossfit a cult, a 'religion' even. 
So why, why do people pay and still come back again and again, to get bruised on the legs, the neck, the collarbone.
To experience immense pain and love it, to go back at it almost everyday. To smell the weights and love it.
There's no local competition in which we have, it is growing I must say, but there isn't a very large scale one.
Yeah there're the Crossfit games Open, the international competition, but face it, no way am I going all the way in the future. So what is it?

Maybe it's the people? The way they shout, cry, encourage, bleed, scold, laugh and smile with you
Or it's the results that it has produced? The numbers that come along with it and the many PRs... 
Or maybe the relief from stress? 
Probably it's really just fun! Weird ass scenarios like Ops GA.
The love for competition maybe? Like how there're the local and international Games along with almost every workout being some sort of a competition.
Or I guess it's the food that comes with the workouts? The many crazy BBQs we've had.
Perhaps it's the way that it actually gives back to the community in an amazing way. Like OBW and coaching the youths of our generation...

Coach says that Crossfit Singapore is going to be known as one of the best Strength and Conditioning places in the World. I have got to agree with that.
However, I'm going to take it further, it's probably one of the best places to be at, period.
I couldn't describe CFSG with just a simple phrase or just one line.
Like how I can't describe Crossfit with one line. Like how I can't summarize my entire 2 years into a sentence. It's well, everything that I could ask for..
I Crossfit because of everything above
I Crossfit because it's me.
Is there more to life other than this? Yeah, of course.
Is there more to come after the past 2 years? Definitely.
But one thing is for sure, this Crossfit journey isn't going to stop in the near future.
There has been rough times, really rough ones when juggling it all hasn't been easy but....
Crossfit has changed almost everything. 

Here's where I found much of what I'm passionate about.
Where God is and always will be the center of it all.
That is CROSS-fit.

No comments: