Friday, September 23, 2011

CROSS-fit #63

I'm sure it's happened to you on one or two occasions.
Times where you sit down, get your mind to it and say that yeah, I wanna change.
Sometimes you find motivations from all sources to do so.
To motivate whatever decision you're making.
You try to get resolve from all corners of society. From your friends, from the net, from books.
I've had such resolves, many of them in fact.

I was inspired by what Mikko Salo said, to never lie on your back after a Workout.
It represents surrender, defeat, cause that's what animals do when they give up.
However, thinking about it now, have I laid on my back after the WOD?
Many many times, my body just collapses and I gasp for air.
My mind just wasn't strong enough to obey such a decision.
As simple as it sounds, it's real, it's true. Even in the simplest of points.
Do we say things just for the sake of saying them? Or do we mean them at all?
Would we wanna put effort to seeing that choice through?

When you say you wanna do it. DO IT.
You may flail once or twice, stumble here and there.
But really, you don't need external motivations.
You just need a real, convicted, decision to change.
For yourself, for God, for others?
It doesn't matter, what matters is that you actually decide to do so.
I've made a decision and I'm gonna stick to it at all cost.
It rips me deep down inside sometimes...
But hey, it's supposed to, no hard choice is ever easy. It's a mere contradiction.
So come on, get your mind in. Get your head in and stick to it.
I did, it may suck initially, but embrace the suck, better things are yet to come!

No comments: