Saturday, June 22, 2013

CROSS-fit #124 Inwards

The haze has hit Singapore. It's apparently widespread news all across the World now.
It has reached beyond hazardous levels multiple times the past week.
Ie. Birds are dying, cats are dying, people are falling ill.
However, most obviously, people are getting angry.
Gosh they are getting angry.
Honestly, I did get really angry too.
All because the haze has affected my lifestyle.
I am unable to walk out, take a breathe of fresh air.
I can't go to the box and workout if the PSI hits ridiculous levels.
I am irritated.

I guess looking to blame was the best method of relief.
Accusing the government(s) and swearing at the air.
Of course people have come forward to do the good deed of reaching out and helping others.
That's awesome, that really is.
But I guess this is a time to look inwards?
I know I'm going to get alot of hate for the immediate next statement
(I'm speaking, really, to the healthy lively individuals)
It really is JUST A HAZE isn't it?

Look inwards.
Your external circumstances have changed. It has.
That doesn't mean that your approach to life has to.
That doesn't mean you become mean and evil all of a sudden.
What's the difference between you doing a normal 10 minute workout and Fran?
If you begin to treat big workouts and small workouts differently, then something is wrong isn't it?
These are all external circumstances.
Don't let them dictate your life.
It has been affected externally, but be resilient as a person, don't stop being you.

Look inwards.
Look at the things that you have, the convictions that inspire you to do things.
Look at the tangible and the intangibles which make you happy.
Remember your resolve.

Look inwards.
It is 'just' a haze.
Life goes on.
So keep lifting, keep living, strongly.

No comments: