Sunday, October 04, 2009

Open up your eyes

Listening to : Talk you down - The Script

Pardon me If I do not portray the typical blog posts about my scheduled life and all.
I realize thats what many blogs do. However, I figured it'll be alot nicer if i speak about issues of it.
If you wanna know what I do, come talk to me. Hohoho.

So... The Earthquake in Sumatra, Philippines and many more places.
Its really very worrying to hear of such natural disasters.
Yeah it is, though we, as a species have advanced so far.
We're still pretty much at the mercy of oh mother nature.
Yes there can be a thousand and one things that we can invent to predict it and all.
We even have wizards who can literally predict the weather.
No, I'm not kidding, if you think I'm kidding about the wizard thing....
I'm not, like there're people who really can predict the weather which I'm really impressed with.
Moving on!!!
It really ain't easy to overcome the forces of mother nature and all.
There's so little we can do.
Though its projectable, its very very unpredictable.
Its so random, yet so powerful, can be a curse or a blessing..

So the next question would definitely arise......
WHY DID THIS HAPPEN IN THE FIRST PLACE???
Well, its something that many whom wish to rebute the beliefs of many would ask.
Why did God or any divine being really allow this??
Is this the end of the world? Is the Armageddon?
I rather not think about it....

Lets start with the theory and the meaning behind it all.
I remember once, somebody said.
If there're no tough times, no bad happenings, how would grace be magnified?
Yes, it is a very far-fetched question.
Means, one would rather allow bad things to happen simply to show the good of something else?
Which also implies (in our civil world) that many jobs are derived.
Very simply put it, if the world was a perfect place. With no crimes.
There won't be the need of policemen. Thus, its a necessary job.
However, would it be better if such crimes never happened? Of course!
Similarly, some things in life can't be helped.
It was not an accident, it was allowed to happen.
It was so that really, the goodness of men can be seen.
Heroes do not emerge when the times are good.
They emerge when the going gets really tough..

Well, I've noticed that many turn a blind eye to such times.
Like in the days going by...
Nobody really cares, honestly.
If you're a singaporean here, You won't care much i guess.
Dismissing the possibility of your friends and family being there.
We are too caught up in the rat race to even consider lending a listening ear.
To even update ourselves on this disaster.
Or at least, thats what I've thought.

The past few days, I've witnessed relief efforts with my own two eyes.
People going the extra mile.
Whether its all show boating or not. The fact is that they are.
I was even involved in a very small way. Which I've come to understand and well, appreciate.
Many people think that the superheroes in our world are those who change society.
The many sociologist and psychiatrist out there.
The presidents, the Prime Ministers.
The commissioner of police, chief of defense forces.
The scientist which events light and all.
However, none of these are worth being called the big of the society.
All of these are all talk no action. Talk talk talk.
What can they really do? They don't get their hands dirty...
The real heroes are those which are out there saving lives.
Putting their lives on the line and all.

It is very very admirable.
That's why I want to make an effort to be like this.
I still want to change the World one man at a time.

No comments: