Tuesday, October 06, 2009

show me what I'm looking for

Listening to : Be On You - Neyo

I was clearing my room these few days.
That's when I stumbled upon something really interesting, or rather, nostalgic.
I saw a small card saying and I quote.
"Wa run until heart damn pain, the feeling shiok right!?".
That was what my old junior quoted. Who said it? I did....
I seldom reminisce the old JC days.
But oh well, sometimes I just can't help it.
It was really a place of victory. The place brings back good fond memories of conquering.
I can't say the same for my previous school or any other place.
I've really got 2 places where I can firmly say are MY places of victory.
One was in the old Jurong West Church and CJC.

These places of victory was when I became something out of nothing.
Where I grew as a person, as an individual.
If you ask me to go back anytime, I definitely will.
I'll ignore all the traveling and time wastages. I'll definitely make the extra trip down.
To feel the walls, to talk to the people.
Thats how I get my inspiration and motivation to go on sometimes.

Everyone should have such a place of comfort, of rest, of confidence.
The place where they conquered the mountains and did the impossible.
The place where you went against all odds and proved to people that you are a CAN DO.
Yes, the place would be littered with many painful memories at times.
But through those painful times come the fruits of your labor.
However, I'm not saying you should live in the past.
Yeah, you gotta move on.
You gotta take that one step at a time to make your present better than the past.
Its nice to imagine how life would be when you look back.
Don't dwell in it...

Make your present place a new place of victory.
Try to move your life up a level!
Don't stay stagnant or worst deteriorate.
Make the effort, take the time, take the pain.
It's worth it, I assure you.

No comments: