Saturday, October 31, 2009

getting me high

Listening to : She's got you high - Mumm Ra

I'm not a real big fan of events. I really ain't.
In fact, many a times, I prefer just laying back and enjoying it.
Well, this time was a rather big eye opener for me.
Instead of just being the mere consumer, I was a contributor.
It took quite alot out of me actually.
In fact, writing this entry today is really very draining.
However, I'm still very pleased with the outcome of today.
Firstly, there were many many groups of people who came, which made it really exciting!
Everyone really went out of their way to really dress up.
In fact, it was really a good show!

I wouldn't go into detail of what really happened, but out of this whole halloween event,
I am quite sure I brought back something which was really dear to me.
An experience like no other. This is the 2nd halloween I've been to.
So far the best I've ever been to.
The chemistry between certain people have greatly strenghtened.
In fact, I now know those which I can rely on to do a good job to the fullest and rush together when the time calls for it.

It wasn't a simple job scaring over and over again.
Yes it was entertaining at first, but it gets really tiring.
If you think it is tiring walking through the maze, try scaring EVERYONE whom passes you by.
It ain't easy at all. In fact, it took us a good 4 hours to prepare everything which was torn down in one hour. Quite shocking actually.
Another aspect to this was well being supportive to this event.
When one is genuinely interested in it, would you really go out of the way to ignore your tiredness and accomodate his desires?
Yes it means making the extra effort, but if it is required of you, will you do it?
If it means putting on a smile even when you've had a terrible day at work.
If it means sucking up your tiredness to appear like you're enjoying a session.
This is applicable to one especially when your partner or accomplice is new and really shy but is actually very interested deep down inside.

Enough said on that topic, I guess what happens does so for a reason.
It brought to me some lessons for myself.
I've come to realize not to over estimate myself and not to over expect from everyone else.
Though it is a very sad reality, I should always place my expectations just slightly lower.
Despite this, it can't be helped if I expect too much at times?
However, most of the crew I worked with today really backed me up alot.
So much so I can't help but to begin to expect more from them.
I'm pleased with the attitudes of many of the guys I have around me.
I don't care what others may say about them, I have my trust in them.
Even if others ridicule us as a whole about this event, I'll stand up for it.
Cause it wasn't just any event, it was don with lots of sweat and scares.

Today also showed something very interesting,
the costumes everyone wore, it doesn't reflect your character.
But it reflects the attitude you want to have to events which you may be less interested in.
I was personally into it from the start cause I was launched as a component in the programme.
However, for many, the dress up may have been vastly played up, which is actually really funny, or sadly under performing which is disappointing.
Even shiming whom dressed so simply looked so original.
It all takes the effort to do so.
All in all, I really enjoyed the night. I analyzed things at the back of my mind.
But I really had lots of fun trying to scare and scaring eventually.

Thanks alot to those who really played a big part in this.
The crew which helped to set up : Miyagi, Hades, Elmo, Darth Maul
The scaring party, Dead Daughter, Miyagi.
For the inspiration, everyone.
For the encouragement at last moments, my baby.
I began by saying I ain't a fan of events.
Now I am, bring it!!!!

No comments: