Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Moving mountains

Listening to : Bubbly - Colbie Callait

What does it take for one person to yield to another?
How much effort would one need for another to listen or obey what another says.
Its quite simple, after having a rather interesting conversation with another.
It takes quite a strong level of respect.
That's all it takes, just some respect goes a long long way.
Don't get me wrong, Love plays a part too.
This simple word encompasses quite a hefty amount of values and emotions.
Love is a big portion of it, for you to respect another, you'd either love the person or his works.
Respect can come from the retrospective in terms of fear of another.

I love my girlfriend, I respect her.
I love the works of Einstein, I respect him.
I fear the works of Hitler, I respect him.
I love and fear God, I definitely respect him and his might.
This takes on both sides. No matter how we argue and debate.
Respect is still very subjective to different individuals.
I can respect another which can be possibly be despised by many.
It's in fact a very common dilemma that many face when they place their trust in another.
However, the right way to do it is not to look to others but to seek within.
May seem very corny and in fact very basic, but thats as easy as it gets.

Respect your enemy, respect yourself even more.
This is so very true. I do not doubt the abilities and potential of the devil at times.
It honestly can be very very torturous to continually fend him off at times.
However, I respect myself even more, for I know I possess the abilities sufficient enough to trample upon his works and the demons behind it.
Even on the playing field. Don't think that your enemy is useless, expect him to come with everything they've got. They won't show mercy.
Likewise, you don't too, that's how you show some respect for your enemy.
When they've given all they've got, you do likewise.
They're worthy of your best, make them respect you and your works.
Then will they know who they mess with. With such respect comes fear of you.

On the other hand, respect comes in a very soft approach as well.
When it comes to Love, compassion and giving, you respect it!
You don't give to the poor out of mere sympathy, you honour and respect them.
Especially for many tissue peddlers, no matter how shabby they may seem, they're running a business, they're making a living for themselves.
Don't be too kind and give more than what it cost, instead of edifying them, you insult them.
Respect what they do, this may seem very evil and grim at times, in fact, I'm not surprised if others have a very similar point of view.
However, this is the way things work for me. You give respect to another for what they do and thus in turn, you express your love appropriately.
Even for your loved ones, you give them the respect they need for their work and themselves.
Don't give unwitty comments and lie about certain things that honestly isn't fantastic.
If it isn't good, just say so! Not in a very crude way, but in a way which builds up.
By saying the truth of the matter, you'll be helping in more ways than you would by actually telling a far fetched answer.

Lastly, you respect God the Father Almighty.
This is the easiest to explain, but the hardest to comprehend and times.
You have got to respect the wonders of his Glory and many a times his Love.
He has been good to many, especially me, I respect his power.
However, as I've learnt in Job the past few services, we have to fear and respect his power.
As easy as it comes, more easily it can be taken away.
That is life.
However, If we make it a point to respect and accept all that is happening be it good or bad.
If we accept and respect the sovereignty and works of God, we can take things in good strife.
For we will Love his works, we will understand that whatever happens is for the good of the Kingdom. It surprisingly ties down with the issues that I've blogged about before.
Life may not be as fantastic. But if we love from the inside out, then will we begin to respect all that occurs in the World today.

You respect yourself daily to build yourself up.
Wake up knowing that you love yourself and what you will do today.
That you'll be as my blog title says, More than a conqueror.

No comments: