Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Movement

Listening to : Forever Young - Jay Z

I'm honestly a surprising
ly easy person to please.
Put some good food in front of me, I'm able to enjoy the night
Give me a good friend or company by my side doing nothing, I'll be pleased.
Indulge me by letting me run slightly faster than my normal pace.
Many people realize that their lives are not complete or rather, not fulfilled.
They have to occupy their time with something.
Without this satisfaction, it'll never be a FULL day or even a FULL life.
However, I've come to realize that its really the small little things that matter.
Don't get me wrong, I don't advocate "boringness".
I simply don't see the point in insisting to hang out for extended periods when honestly, it'll drain me more than satisfy me.
Yes there can be arguments that there's a need for fellowship, I honestly strongly support such a belief as well.
In fact, without this fellowship, how boring can life get?
That's the contact point where people's lives are touched, when we sit down and have a heart to heart talk.
Not to be so engrossed watching a movie or playing a game.
Guess to many this is what satisfaction really means.

Take some time, ask yourself...
What do you consider a fulfilled day?
When you've met up with ten people? When you've watched the movie with your friends? When you've played lan for a good 5 hours straight?
Or when you indulge in moments of worship?
Sit down and have an easy meal where you being there really matters?
I may sound old and boring to some. Maybe I really am?
However, I do have a balance in this. Just that tonight, I'd like to support a hardly heard point of view. Where at times, lesser is more.

Its very similar to the area of studying.
For me, I've been helping Shiming with her school work.
I realized that some post a good number of pure rubbish in the forum. Whereas I see some who post a few but are of real substance.
In this scenario, I'm sure those who really gave much thought in their comments or posts would net higher grades than those who simply spammed.
I've also come to realize that when I was studying for my A levels, I focused on one topic at a time.
However, more is always good. five minutes of quality studying is good. An hour of it is even better, its the same principle.
Half an hour of quality time with friends is great, a few hours of it is an indulgence.
So this is the theory of my life. To enjoy something, you really emphasize on it, give it more of your heart before your time.
That's a bigger sacrifice, a bigger achievement.

Ps. I've tried every way to edit this post, but i can',so sorry!!!

No comments: