Tuesday, October 06, 2009

I'll be doing just fine

Listening to : Mr Brightside - The Killers

I've always wanted to do what I'm doing now.
Blogging on my bed....
Since I've gotten my new laptop, I've been using my com alot on the bed.
This just excess berates the lazy side of Lionel.
Yes, I am very lazy.

So today I am rather inspired.
Yes I am, in fact by the least likely of all sources.
By a movie. You may think that its really ridiculous.
But the simple theories and concepts of this movie was well, impactful to me.
It gave me the dream and reality that the impossible visions in life shouldn't be left to die.
With much pursuit, it'll be a realized dream if you hold on to it long enough.
What movie was it? Well, believe it or not, it was cloudy and a chance of meatballs.
No it wasn't like 500 days of summer or some other show.
Maybe it was a combination of both my favorites.
Food and Science.
As cliche as it sounds, it was really a good movie worth my money.
The feeling may not be shared with others. In fact, I figured the high and mighty intellects may claim this movie as a waste of time with no meaning and plot.
Sorry but to me, it was very timely.

In fact, when does one really deem himself worthy of a dream or vision?
When do you decide that you have the ability to get up and say that you want this?
I guess its when you just keep persisting and pressing on.
It's a very cliche statement but as true as it is.
You are only as valuable as the heart you put in.
It may not be now, but one day, the proof of your passion is in your pursuit.
You will achieve it.
Many around you will criticized and laugh at you.
You will be ridiculed for the impossible dreams that you have.

Thats the risk about taking the scientific route.
You can go wildly wrong, but thats when you let your imagination run wild.
Thats when inventions and breakthroughs come to pass.
Unlike the many conservative socio-political-arts subjects, where you really can't be laughed at. Many a times, the dreams that many scientist or engineers for that matter are made fun off.
Not trying to flame another faculty or groups of people.
But it is true. Nobody really laughs at ideologies or theories cause its so believable.
Something this believable can never be THAT fun.
Yes, I've had many people laughing at me for well, hoping that one day, Iron Man can be created. Ok, simply put it, I know as much as many cynical minds out there are thinking, Yes it is impossible.
But wouldn't it be great if you indulge in ones desires and dreams instead of putting it down immediately?
By the way, if one day I really do create something that phenomenal and magical.....
I'll stop at there... heh.

So back to the point, yes dreams should be realistic, but won't it be great to aim so high. Yes you will be disappointed with many many failures.
But hey man, whats life without them? I've seen many people ride on their past failures to victory. Thats one trait that I've picked up along these years.
So this whole story points to the very simple fact, your dreams shouldn't be determined by others or by circumstances.
If your dream is the stars, live for that dream and die trying.
Even if you don't reach the stars, you'd have made enough impact to have reached the moon.
Don't give your dreams up. Don't give your future up.
Your future is determined by your actions, control them.

Which also implies, one shouldn't set the course of life at the start of yourself.
I've been clouded recently, my mind has been bogus recently.
In fact, I've been considering mapping it all out.
Now I know, I shouldn't. I should do what I'm doing now.
I'll never know if which dreams take precedence in my life, teaching or engineering.
That I'll leave it to God and well, my decisions I make.

Moving on, in situations like this in life, this is when you really figure out who your true friends are. Are they the people who really support your dream or laugh at it.
Don't attempt to "encourage" if it really isn't sincere.
Not speaking would be alot better. which I've realised.
One person whom I've met for a few years have been very encouraging.
Though we all know the idea of iron man is impossible...
She keeps calling me that.
Everytime that happens, it makes me remember such dreams.
Which isn't totally bad. It makes me feel good about myself.
It makes me realise that the impossible really is doable...

But please, we all do know how to seperate fiction and fact.
I am not REALLY superman.
Such things would just be left to your own discernment.
Anyway, I'm coming to an end. It is getting late....
BERSAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: