Friday, April 15, 2005

Sports Day...

An annual event Maris Stella for some reason keeps organising. Kind of bored of it. Its been what 10 years in this school so yup 10th and final Sports Day. Well I figured since it was my concluding year in Mairs Stella. I tried to enjoy it. Didn't intend to participate. Or so i thought.
School was dismissed at 10.45, Went to Sheng Kai's house along with Desmond Lim to simply slack,rest,sleep, put it in lame man terms, kill time. Went there played some card games. Then ate lunch. We were to report at 12.45 and what do you know. My food came at 12.45!! Was late so caught a cab down.
I was caught off guard and wow!! I was pulled to run for 4 x 100 metres. I was wearing basketball shoes?? They needed people so agreed to run. For some reason was kind of nervous. Even though there was totally no pressure on me. This would pull me down in my performance. I was still feeling this even at the starting line. While I was jumping up and down to keep myself warm. Kenny, yes Frodo kenny, was at the sideline encouraging me. Everything was well of no use frankly!! Till he said 2 magical words a few moments before the kick off. "Lionel, Godspeed!." Upon hearing this frankly I was reminded lets run with God for God Relying on God. Godspeed, to run at God speed. Or that was what it meant. But to me it meant to run with God supplying you that speed!! COuld feel his presence even in that extremely hot weather. Though we didn't win, due to unforseen circumstances. I was still Happy!!

No comments: