Friday, July 22, 2011

CROSS-fit #42 Begin with yourself

I'm sure it's in the blood of almost every crossfit athlete.
Or any passionate sportsman or anyone believing strongly about whatever ideals they have.
All want to spread the love, all would want to influence others to join in.
To drag so many potential athletes out of that air conditioned useless gym to the rusty down to Earth Box.
To experience that change we all have been through.
This amazing life that we now live.
This love that we have encountered!

However, it's never that easy is it?
Have been asked this question hundreds of times, of which the responses have varied as I've learnt more.
"What is Crossfit?"
The sad thing about it is well, 2 things....
The person ridicules whatever crossfit is or...
The person easily brushes it aside and ignores everything I've said..

You can't argue someone into a sport, into a passion.
You can't argue someone into the Kingdom of God.
So I've adopted a new concept.
Let your life speak for itself.

I'm not gonna be too ambitious and say that I can change the World.
But I know I can change myself.
I'd rather the question "What have you done with yourself? You seem fitter, you seem happier!"
From that, I can change those whom I care about.
One Starfish at a time.
My brother, my family, my colleague, my classmates.
Who knows, maybe the World one day.

No comments: