Thursday, October 28, 2010

Weight

Listening to : A time for Yohe - Between The Trees

It's easy to say it's too heavy and push it aside.
It's even easier to off load burdens on another person when it get's too heavy.
But this is the sticking point.
The tipping point....
When all you've done all counts for this specific moment.
Whether you step up? Or you back down?
At times, you feel that you're given the weight of the World.
Like everything you've ever thought off is on your shoulders.
Literally, you're trying to carry not just your own... But others as well.
Perhaps that is the impact and the responsibility that a Leader has.
It's not just his own life at stake.
It's probably him and everyone else under him.
When one leader falls it's even more detrimental than anyone else falling.

Yes, the burden is heavy and it's often tough to bear.
I would love to help some people share their burdens at times.
However, sometimes, there's just a fine line which stops us from asking for help.
Maybe... Just maybe, it's the pride inside of us.
Which really hinders whatever we try to do...
That pride inside of us erases the humility within you...
You've gotta learn when to ask for HELP!

I know, I've done so a few times. I know myself that I'm guilty of it at times, of giving it all to myself, placing every single bit of the blame on myself.
I have to admit, carrying such weight is tough.
You're just one person, really...
We've just so much we can take.
I have to admit, some can take more, some can take less....
I for one, have tried my best to hold up for as long as possible.
At times, it's really to no avail whatsoever....
More often than not, I do fail, but the times when I worked with someone...
I seem to make it better.

Sometimes we just wish someone was in my shoes.
Like someone could just understand what I am going through.
We all wish that way, EVERY single one of us does.
So instead of simply just taking, how about trying to put yourself in their shoes for once.
Don't be the taker, but be the giver.
I know the pain we all go through when we force ourselves to try to understand someone when
we honestly have zip experience at all.
It may sound really cliche, but it's really the thought that counts.
Little do we know, by giving a little to that someone, we give that 'hope', we give that 'smile'.
I know I need to give more, at the same time...
Maybe I just need to let more in to my life.
To take a little off these shoulders of mine.
For some to just come and give me that pat when they're just the few who know what I'm exactly going through, what I'm facing with and the pressures I'm up against.
Not many people can appreciate it, really....
I may seem carefree, but often, I've got much on my backs....

No comments: